East Coasters, I hope you’re all taking proper precautions for Hurricane Sandy, this storm is massive.
– They are closing the MBTA at 2:00 this afternoon. Good luck to all of you who have to get home from work.
– There is lots of information and links on Mayor Tom Menino’s Twitter.
– Can I steal power from my car if my electric goes out?
– I saw this article on Yahoo! today and thought it had some useful tips for riding out the storm. Great tips on perishable food.
– 111 indoor activities to keep your kids busy during nasty weather.
– In the path of a major storm? There’s an app for that!
– I keep putting off ordering this bad boy but I did it today! I’ll be more prepared for the NEXT round of serious weather. I do have a radio and batteries. Here’s another article on ways to prepare to ride out a serious storm.
Meanwhile, we’re chilling at home. They closed down the schools so Molly and I have been here. I have some warm soup in the crock pot and we have a few cases of water and stuff to make pb&j sammiches if we lose power. My phone is charged and I’m trying not to be too nervous. We moved some supplies downstairs into my landlord’s basement apartment. She lives in Greece so she isn’t down there right now. We have the key and decided it wouldn’t be a terrible idea to have a plan of action.
Stay safe, everyone!